Wrongful Death Attorneys
The Attorneys at Consumer Litigation Law Center, APC are committed advocates for our Clients who have lost loved ones as a result of a wrongful death. The unexpected loss of a family member is always tragic and can be especially difficult to cope with when the death was caused by another person or entity's act of negligence. We understand that the loss of a loved one can cause feelings of anger, helplessness and outrage, which can be very overwhelming. Our highly skilled staff can guide you through this daunting legal process, providing legal expertise and available to answer your questions throughout the process.
The Attorneys at Consumer Litigation Law Center, APC are here to help you pursue justice and compensation from those who are responsible for your loved one's passing. Our Attorneys and friendly staff work closely with families by taking immediate steps to collect evidence, reconstruct the wrongful act, consult with medical professionals, engineering experts and other experts who can establish the causative factors involved.
The Attorneys at Consumer Litigation Law Center, APC handle the following Wrongful Death cases:
- Wrongful death due to car accidents;
- Wrongful death due to motorcycle accidents;
- Wrongful death due to truck accidents;
- Wrongful death due to pedestrian accidents;
- Wrongful death due to hit and run accidents;
- Wrongful death due to drunk driving accidents;
- Wrongful death due to rideshare accidents;
- Wrongful death due to defective products;
- Wrongful death due to a trip, slip, and or fall accident;
- Wrongful death due to medical negligence;
- And more...
What is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death claims arise when one person's careless, reckless or deliberate act causes the death of another. A wrongful death claim is a civil lawsuit. It is brought to court directly by the survivors of the deceased person, or by the personal representative of the deceased person's estate. Fault is compensated solely in terms of money damages, which, if successful, the court orders the defendant to pay to the decedent's survivors.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Case?
According to the California Wrongful Death Statute (covered under 377.60 through 377.62 of the Civil Code) legal proceedings in response to the death of an individual can be initiated by:
- The deceased's surviving spouse if they were married at the time of death;
- The deceased's surviving domestic partner;
- The deceased's surviving children;
- People who would be entitled to the deceased's property as if he or she did not have a will;
- The deceased's putative spouse, the children of the putative spouse, parents, or stepchildren of the deceased;
- A minor that resided with the deceased for 180 days in the deceased's home and was dependent on him or her for at least half of their support; or
- A personal representative of the deceased.
Why Choose Us
Consumer Litigation Law Center, APC has the knowledge and tenacity to best represent your interest. We are committed to giving your loved one a voice. We have the ability to tell the story of the person who lost their life and the impact it leaves looming on their loved ones.
We understand that you're grieving, struggling and are facing an extremely hard time. Our office of professionals is here to help ease your emotional burdens and help ensure that the person or persons allegedly responsible for your loved one's death are held accountable.
California's wrongful death statute of limitations is only 2-years. Don't let your right to legal compensation expire.